Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My new Overlocker :D

Yes... it's true... I now have an Overlocker :D

It's a 2nd hand Bernina 1200MDA & is in beautiful condition! She is 2 years old but has had very little use yet... hopefully I'll be changing that!


There seems to be little information specific to the 1200MDA, though from what I can gather it's the model between the 1150MDA & the 1300MDC... or more precicely it's the 1150MDA with a computerised screen added. http://www.berninawa.com.au/popup-fF-n5-i7-sEN.html

I got her on Sunday afternoon & have been spending my time studying the instruction manual & looking up info & instruction videos as I havn't used an overlocker since I was in school! I finally braved setting her up on the table this afternoon alongside my old Husqvarna Viking Daisy:


Yes... the dining table has been converted into a sewing table... for now!

So... that's the main set up ready to go... now to get started. I still need to collect more fabrics, threads, buttons, zippers, etc... all the little bits & pieces. As all I have is white thread... to start with it's fabrics which need white thread.

Test sew number 1:


Looks pretty good! A little bit of tension adjustment & a few more test sews before I was happy with this set-up:


More to come...

<3 Turtle & Roo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment