Friday, March 4, 2011

QR Codes

Have you discovered QR Codes yet? I've recently discovered these nifty little pictures since obtaining an new mobile phone which operates on the Android platform.

So... What is a QR Code you might be asking?

A QR Code (or Quick Response Code) is one of these little squares that you might have noticed starting to pop up around the place:
This particular one will take you to my Facebook page.

According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code:
A QR Code is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
Common in Japan, where it was created by Toyota subsidiary Denso-Wave in 1994, the QR code is one of the most popular types of two-dimensional barcodes. QR is the abbreviation for Quick Response, as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed.
So now, thanks to these guys, all I have to do is open my scan program on my phone... hold it over the QR Code in question... my phone takes a picture & within seconds it's taking me to the encoded web page, sending me a special message, loading a phone number, or loading an SMS ready for me to contact the other party! Very nifty :)

Oh & it is simple as well as easy to make your own! I made mine with http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ :)

And to finish off today... a special message for those who can read it:

Sorry to those who don't yet have a QR scanner... I still love you guys too! Thanks for dropping by :)

<3 Turtle & Roo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment